Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Dad's Marital Advice? Buy Some Sex Gadgets - MacDermot's Bride

     Today I'm chatting with Keriann McKenna.  She and Stevie MacFarlane are the authors of MacDermot's Bride, Book 2 of the Fall River Ranch series.

Kallista:  Welcome, Keriann.   Now that Book 2 is out, when can we expect to see another Fall River Ranch installment?
Keriann:  Right now, I’m doing more editing than I am writing.  I do have Fall River Ranch Book 3 about half finished and I hope to release it some time in June.
     Lucky for us, that means we'll see it soon! In the meantime, here's a snippet from Book 2 for everyone.

“Dad, Annie did not have me thrown in jail.” 
“Well, then, how in hell did ye end up there?” his father demanded. “It’s a long story and…”
“It can’t be long; I’m growin’ older every minute we’re on this phone! Give me the condensed version, and make quick work of it. Trudy, bring me another drink. I swear, our lad is goin’ to be the death o’ me,” he whispered to his wife, while pacing and holding his chest, even though there was nothing wrong with his heart. “And Trudy, check my burial clothes in the bottom drawer and make sure everythin’ is in order.” “Conall, please sit down; your blood pressure is sky high.” She took his arm and tried to lead him to his favorite chair. “I can no sit down! How can ye expect me to be calm when our hopes are crumblin’ to dust asunder us?” The elder was bellowing again. “No, they are not, Dad. Please listen to me,” Mac begged. “You’re right. I was wrong to paddle Annie and leave her alone. I’m sorry I did that and I apologized to her the next morning.” “Then why did she leave your bed?” his father questioned. “Did ye no take care of her as a woman should be?” “That’s where I went wrong, Dad.” “Oh Laddie, ye bring more shame upon the name of MacDermot than I ever thought ye would. Is there somethin’ wrong with ye? Do ye need some of that Vegara…no, Vigita…whatever the hell it is?” Mac stifled a laugh. “No, there is nothing wrong with me. I was waiting for Annie to answer my question.” “And, just what question would that be?” his father inquired. “I asked her to consider living with me,” Mac replied. “What the hell is wrong with ye? Ye no ask a woman a question such as that. Ye sweep her into your arms, take her to bed, and answer it for her. Laddie, it’s no about flowers and candy these days; you have to get some of those battery operated gadgets.” MacDermot’s Bride As Mac fall deeper in love with Annie, his past haunts him. He failed to keep the woman he loved safe before and he vowed he’d never fail again. Annie’s fierce independent streak doesn't make it easy for him. She's created a life for herself, certain she can make it on her own. Filled with passion, suspense, and humor, their love story unfolds with twists and turns neither of them saw coming. Mac needs Annie, but will it be too late by the time she realizes she needs him too?
Keriann's Bio:
I’ve been writing for most of my life. My first love was music and lyrics and my first song was a dreadfully simple little tune about a boy I was madly in love with at fourteen. I’m certain I drove my grandmother to distraction as I wailed this boy’s name from the piano in the living room at every opportunity...romance was in my heart even at a young age.
Later in life I developed my craft as a poet and published work in anthologies. I still write poetry but am dipping my toes in the waters of romance, both sweet and steamy. I lived in Canada and the Midwest for several years before settling in the Seattle area with the love of my life. I now live in the foothills of the beautiful Rocky Mountains near my family; I’m retired from the counseling field although I still work crisis intervention two nights a week. I consult with and edit for other authors into the wee hours of the night, and I rescue senior dogs and give them a forever home.
Here's where you can find Keriann:
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/keriann.mckenna

Website:  keriannmckenna.com
Blog:  http://keriannmckenna.weebly.com/
Twitter: @keriannmckenna







No comments:

Post a Comment